Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
Computer Science Undergraduate // email@example.com // +447584046951 // GitHub: Mozzius
The Lodge, Grove Farm, Debenham Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 6BX
Computer Science with Year in Industry BSc at the University of Kent, Canterbury
Obtained a Distinction in Stage 1 (86% average, 4.0 GPA equivalent)
This year, I am studying modules such as Software Engineering, which is formalising my understanding of software development processes like Agile, and Functional Programming, where I am learning Erlang. Last year's modules were:
- Object-Orientated Programming (87% average): Java and Swing, using BlueJ.
- Foundations of Computing I & II (87% average): Maths modules that built on what I learnt at A level.
- Computer Systems (89%):
Computer Systems built on what I had studied at A level, and solidified my understanding of concepts like the fetch-execute cycle and the HTTP protocol stack.
- Human Computer Interaction & People and Computing (80% average):
These two design-centric modules were the modules that I learnt the most from, and really broadened my understanding of how to design products from a human perspective, rather than a technical one. People and Computing's group work assessment also taught me a lot about working together with people I didn't know which was a very helpful experience.
A Levels: Computer Science (A), Maths (B), Physics (C) at Woodbridge School, Suffolk.
March 2019 - Ongoing | Codesigned Ltd (Web Developer)
Codesigned taught me a lot about acquiring and implementing requirements for real systems, and showed me how complex software is built on a much larger scale than what I had previously experienced.
Frontend Web Development
- Familiar with using JSON Web Tokens for authenticating API calls.
Backend Web Development
- Professional experience working with a large and complex Flask application, which serves both a Content Management System and provides an API to an associated React Native app. It uses SQLAlchemy ORM to interact with a PostgreSQL database.
- Some experience using Express/Node.js, PHP, and MongoDB.
- Familiar with PostgreSQL, and constructing complex database queries.
- Professional experience with Git, Gitlab CI/CD, and automated testing with Jest.
- Experience with Blockchain and cryptography.
- Knowledge of Java to an intermediate level, and experience with UML use case/class/state diagrams.
- Some experience with UI/UX design for personal projects using Adobe XD.
- Experience hosting a website using Apache or Nginx on DigitalOcean and with using Heroku.
- Basic IT skills (MS Office, Bash) and familiar with NPM and Yarn.
Project Portfolio (GitHub)
- Game based on remembering song lyrics.
- Uses Socket.io for live multiplayer mode.
- Using Python (Flask), MongoDB, Socket.io, Nginx.
- Hosted on DigitalOcean but currently migrating to Heroku.
Midwinter (work in progress)
- Slack-style messaging web app.
- React / Express / PostgreSQL stack, with Socket.io for sending and receiving messages and JSON Web Tokens for authentication.
- Hosted on Heroku (https://midwinter.herokuapp.com).
- A cryptocurrency (including manual ECDSA implementation and peer-to-peer networking).
- Implemented in Node.js and with an Electron client.
I am very interested in technology, and I am often tinkering with small (usually web-based) projects. A large part of my programming knowledge was from self-motivated learning. Currently, I'm focusing on improving my knowledge of React (which is why I'm working on the Midwinter project).
Outside of that, I am an avid fencer, and whilst at University I joined the Fencing club where I was elected to the club's committee as the Treasurer, an important role since UKC Fencing is the university's top-scoring competitive sport's club. I also enjoy skiing when I can, having previously competed nationally. Whilst in Sixth Form I did Model United Nations, where I had the chance to go to a large international conference in Paris twice.