Senior front-end developer specialising in 3D experiences, with a passion for solving difficult problems. Based in Kent, UK.
BSc Computer Science, University of Kent
Hons, 1st class / 2018 - 2021
Learned Java, Erlang, Haskell, Go. Primarily studied concurrency, type systems, quantum computing, programming languages, and compilers. Graduated with first-class honours.
A level: Computer Science (A), Maths (B), Physics (C)
GCSE: 10 A*-B, incl. English (A*), Maths (A*), Computer Science (A)
Senior Front-end Developer, Codesigned Ltd
Senior Front-end Developer / July 2021 - Present
Web Developer / March 2019 - July 2021
- Built software using a variety of technology according to client needs - primarily React.js and TypeScript, but also React Native, Node.js, Three.js, Python and others.
- Lead developer for a major long-term project and oversaw the introduction of many new features, working extremely closely with the client. I was involved not just in the development, but also in the design and planning of many features, and took some features from user stories all the way to production. This involved maintaining and extending a highly complex 3D web application, with a tech stack that included React.js, Three.js, JSS and Jest.
- Lead a modernisation initiative on two large React codebases suffering from technical debt.
- Architected and developed multiple React Native apps from scratch based on client requirements.
- Used agile methodology to work with other developers, both internal and external, enabling effective collaboration.
- Effectively utilised Git along with CI/CD, creating and maintaining workflows that maximised developer productivity.
References available upon request | Download .docx